Feeling flustered? Don’t forget to breathe! Studies show that breathing exercises focusing on slow, deep breathing help activate nerves in your brain that can help calm you down. If you are short on time, belly breathing is one of the quickest and easiest breathing exercises you can do. Follow these steps to get started:
1. Sit in a comfortable position.
2. Place one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach just below your ribcage.
3. Take a deep breath in through your nose (you will feel your stomach push your hand out).
4. Make an “O” shape with your lips and breathe out. You will feel the hand on your stomach go in.
5. Slowly repeat this exercise 3 to 10 times
Did this exercise help you? Let us know in the Comments section!
If you are still feeling overly stressed or anxious, you may need some extra help. Centerstone Resources provides services like counseling and Wellness and Recovery Services to help you cope with life’s most stressful situations. Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.